Tuesday, July 3, 2012

About Me

My name is Emily McClung and I am a violin teacher, runner, housewife, and lover of vegan cuisine.  I live with my husband, a marathon runner, pianist, lawyer, and children's book author, in a sleepy little town in eastern Arizona.  We are continually searching for the best foods to power our active lifestyles.

A little over two years ago I read "Preventing and Reversing Heart Disease" by Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, and decided that I would switch our household meal plans to a plant-based, whole food approach.  My husband and I have not looked back since, and we have never felt healthier.  I lost about 20 pounds once I switched my eating habits, and have completed numerous half marathons, one marathon and one triathlon since then. 

My hope for this blog is to inspire others to try tasty plant-based meals by reviewing a few recipes a week.  Please check in as often as you can! 

Bon Appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment